- You will be required to pay for your stall at the time of booking.
- If your booking is not accepted for any reason, your booking fee will be returned to you as soon as practicable..
- Your booking form must describe fully the products that you will be displaying. You will not be permitted to display any items not referred to on your application form. Any stallholder displaying goods other than those on their original application form may be asked to remove them from display.
- Bookings may not be transferred.
- Stalls will be allocated based on the products being sold on a first come first served basis. You are not able to specify the exact location of your stall. You will be notified of your allocated space at least 1 weeks before the date of the event. In some circumstances, we will consider special requests but this does not confer any obligation on us to accommodate this. Once you have been allocated a space, no changes are permitted to the allocation.
Setting up/taking down
- You are granted entry to the Ridgeway at 12pm on the day of the event. Once you have set up your stall, we ask that you move your vehicle to one of the nearby car parks by 2pm. Packing up will occur no earlier than 8pm.
- Stalls shall be not occupy a space greater than 3m x 3m and 2.7m high without prior approval. Table tops shall not exceed 2m wide x 1m deep unless approved in advance.
- Stallholders must clearly display the business name, trading name and methods of production, where this is required by any legislation, statutory instrument, regulation or bye-law.
- Stallholders are responsible for ensuring that their allocated space and surrounding area are kept clean and tidy and free from hazards and rubbish. Wherever possible, please take your rubbish home with you or dispose of it in the public bins which are situated on the Ridgeway. Plym Chamber reserves the right to apply a cleaning charge of £10 where this becomes necessary.
- Stall holders must confine their displays and signs to their allocated space and keep pathways clear for patrons at all times.
- Trading may only be carried out from the approved stall. Any changes or replacement of the stall must be notified to Plym Chamber in writing and approval obtained at least 14 days in advance of the event.
- Stallholders are not permitted to drive or park a vehicle on any part of the public footpath (it is an offense to drive other than on a road).
- Stallholders shall not be the cause of any nuisance or annoyance to any other stallholder or patron, the occupier of any land or building.
- Stalls shall be kept in a clean, safe and well maintained condition and be of a presentable appearance.
- Any stallholder requested to move their stall by an authorised Council Officer, Police Officer, First Responder or a committee member of Plym Chamber of Commerce, shall immediately comply with that request.
- The stall holder must be the principal operator and have overall control of the stall although the stallholder may employ any other person to assist in operating the stall
- Anyone who operates a stall other than the stallholder must be authorised to do so by the stallholder.
- I understand I have to provide my own table(s), chairs, tablecloths etc
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990 places a duty of care on business to dispose of waste originating from their trade in a certain manner. All stallholders shall ensure refuse originating from their stall is disposed of in accordance with any applicable legislation, statutory instrument, regulation or bye-law and in any event shall leave their allocated space and surrounding area clear of any refuse at the completion of the event. No water or waste material shall be discharged onto the highway or any adjacent property.
Compliance and safety
- It is the responsibility of the stall holder to ensure that any products they offer for sale conform to any British Standards or other applicable legislation, statutory instrument, regulation or bye-law relating to their to their product.
- Plym Chamber of Commerce will not be held liable for any trademark or copyright or safety infringement.
- ALL electrical equipment used on your stall must have a valid PAT test certificate and must comply with current legislation and regulations.
- Stallholders are responsible for carrying out a risk assessment with regard to your stall. Your risk assessment should take into consideration the prevailing weather conditions and forecast and whether any special measures are necessary to ensure that your stall is safe and that it is does not pose a risk to other stallholders or members of the public
- The stall holder shall comply with all applicable legislation, statutory instruments, regulations and byelaws currently in force. Stallholders must pay particular attention to the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and The Food Hygiene (England) regulations 2006. Advice on these requirements is available from the Environmental Health Department.
- The stall holder must take adequate precautions to prevent the risk of fire at the stall. Where electricity generators and/or gas cylinders are used an annual gas safety certificate and/or PAT test certificate or other relevant test certificate is required to ensure the safety of equipment. A serviceable fire blanket and a foam fire extinguisher shall be provided in all structures selling hot food.
- ALL gazebos MUST be weighted down.
- Stallholders trading in hot or cold food must hold a current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Stallholders are responsible for ensuring that they hold the relevant licenses where required for the sale of certain types of produce ie alcohol sales.
- All hot food outlets are required to comply with current legislation on fire safety.
- Where electricity generators and/or gas cylinders are used an annual gas safety certificate is required to ensure the safety of all cooking and heating equipment. A serviceable fire blanket and a foam fire extinguisher shall be provided in all structures selling hot food.
- All stall holders must hold Public Liability Insurance cover of at least £1,000,000. Paper or email copies of your valid certificate must be provided to Plym Chamber of Commerce at least 14 days before the event unless otherwise agreed. Stallholders will not be permitted to attend the event unless they have produced a copy of their Public Liability Insurance policy prior to the e vent.
- Stallholders are responsible for ensuring that they have product liability or any other relevant insurance in respect of the products they are offering for sale.
- Plym Chamber of Commerce carries £5,000,000 of public liability insurance.
Cancellations and refunds
- Plym Chamber of Commerce has the right to withdraw the offer to trade in respect of any stallholder for any reason. If the right to trade is withdrawn by Plym Chamber, a full refund will be given.
- You may cancel your booking at any time. All cancellations must be given in writing via email. Cancellation made more than 4 weeks prior to the event will attract a refund of 50% of the booking price. No refunds will be given in respect of cancellations within 4 weeks of the event.
- If in the reasonable opinion of Plym Chamber of Commerce it is necessary to cancel the event due to circumstances beyond our control, stallholders will be notified as soon as this is known and a refund of booking fees will be given. Plym Chamber of Commerce will not be held liable in respect of any other losses incurred as a result of cancellation of the event.
- Plym Chamber of Commerce will not be held liable in respect of any losses incurred due to cancellation of the event save as referred to at 32 above.
- Plym Chamber of Commerce will not be held liable in negligence for damages in respect of any act or omission by any stallholder
Plym Chamber of Commerce will do everything in our power to ensure that you have a successful fayre but cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of your stock, interruption of power or services, failure of press advertisements to appear, inclement weather, or anything else beyond their control It is a condition of booking that you understand and accept that you cannot hold Plym Chamber of Commerce for any losses you sustain.